This past summer found our Midwestern grandsons having a good time doing what their dad taught them since they were big enough to swim . . . sailing! The boys are ten-and-a-half and twelve years old and are now able to sail independently. Living so far from California we don't get to see them as often as we'd like, and I was pleased to get these photos. They are growing up so fast . . . soon they'll be racing in the regatta with the "big guys!"
 |
| Appropriately dressed in short wetsuits, under the guidance of their dad, R and T make ready their Sunfish. |
 |
| Getting the rigging right is most important. |
 |
| And soon they're off! |
 |
| I'm thinkin' this is R by looking at the back of his head . . . |
 |
| ...yep, it's R . . . black shorts. |
 |
| Here's T, in red shorts. Thank goodness they have on different colored shorts because it's hard to tell them apart in these pictures. |
 |
| By the expression on T's face he must be thinking . . . "Where is that dang wind?". |
 |
| Rainbow over the Regatta must have brought good luck to the winner. |
 |
| I love this picture of R, who looks so comfortable and confident in his sailing ability. |
I just learned, and you will see if you read the first comment, that these boys did quite well in the summer competitions, even beating out some adult competitors!
Hopefully we'll see these guys and their mom and dad during the holidays, giving us an opportunity to catch up on their lives.
Life is good!
5 comments:
You must have gotten these pics off of the yacht club's website. I haven't been over there, but saw that they were posted. I don't know if you noticed it, but T got 2nd place in his category (beating two adults)! R had some technical difficulties and didn't finish two races, so he didn't place. For the entire summer season, R got 2nd place and T got 3rd in the Sunfish division. I'm so proud of those boys!
From Aunt Patty (her computer is going crazy:
"I'm proud of them too, and of Mike for teaching them so well. They sure are growing into mature handsome boys."
It's so wonderful to learn a skill like this at an early age. Wonderful that he love it too!
Oh, that looks like so much fun! What lake were they sailing?
That truly is such a cool sport to learn. They will always have memories of their times sailing with their Dad and on their own. They really are growing up, and so handsome.
Post a Comment