Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Good Food, Friends, and Fellowship

Saturday night we had our first dinner party since moving to our new abode. It was fun cooking for and seating six people around the table since after living in an RV for the last twelve years we've not been able to do that. We invited a few of our friends up from Park Sierra which is just down the road—and for that we are grateful because we've made lots of friends who are there a good part of the year.

Dave, Ken, Judy, KC, and Mary enjoy sharing stories and catching up with each others' lives. We love the fact that we have so many friends living nearby.
A few months ago I got a cookbook by Pam Anderson called "Perfect One-Dish Dinners" that I was anxious to try. She gives you the menu for the whole meal which is a nice feature. However, I chose components from three menus to come up with the menu for the night. The main course is a cheese-biscuit topped "Chicken Pot Pie" which was a hit, with a nice spinach/mango/avocado/red onion salad served along side.

And for dessert we offered these cute "Miniature Lemon Raspberry Cakes" . . . we all wanted just a half serving which left these to take to Jen's for dessert on Sunday!
Life is good!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

With a home to share, good hospitality, good friends, delicious food, what else can one say but life is good! Looks like a great time was had by all.

sandra said...

That cheese biscuit chicken pot pie looks fab, maa!

TravelingGrammy said...

Oh, yum! Sounds like everybody had a good time-and went home stuffed!

Anonymous said...

I like the lemon raspberry cakes.

Danni said...

Ohmygoodness! All three of those dishes sound and look *incredible*. I want to come to a party at your house!