There really is nothing better than fresh eggs. The girls have finally caught up with us and provided enough to actually fill up an egg carton. Since only two of the eight of them are currently laying I'm sure there will be a time when we'll have so many that we'll need to start sharing. But in the meantime we'll enjoy their two-eggs-a-day routine.
We have eight hens, all born in May making them six months old: three Buff Orpingtons, three New Hampshire Reds and two Sexlinks (cross between Leghorn and Buff Orpington) . . . these eggs are gifts from the Sexlinks.
I love how a fresh egg holds its shape while being poached.
Ooooh! Look how beautiful! It's like having a birthday or Christmas every day, isn't it? Little presents from your girls..nothing is sweeter! And get ready...the rest of your girls are gonna start laying any minute now. :-)
Yumm! I love my chicken's eggs! They are so much better than store eggs! It's funny how great they are, and how I didn't know before what I was missing!
My hens are really starting to pick up with their laying. The molt time is ending. I am now getting between 8 - 10 eggs/day. I used to get 3 or 4, sometimes even 2/day back a few months ago. One day I got 12 eggs! Right now I have 5.5 doz in the fridge. I'll just have to eat more eggs! I hope your ladies molt time is ending, too!
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
5 comments:
I most heartily agree. But be careful about sharing. I had to triple my flock size to keep up with demands for more farm fresh eggs.
Ooooh! Look how beautiful! It's like having a birthday or Christmas every day, isn't it? Little presents from your girls..nothing is sweeter!
And get ready...the rest of your girls are gonna start laying any minute now. :-)
Yumm! I love my chicken's eggs! They are so much better than store eggs! It's funny how great they are, and how I didn't know before what I was missing!
My hens are really starting to pick up with their laying. The molt time is ending. I am now getting between 8 - 10 eggs/day. I used to get 3 or 4, sometimes even 2/day back a few months ago. One day I got 12 eggs! Right now I have 5.5 doz in the fridge. I'll just have to eat more eggs! I hope your ladies molt time is ending, too!
Well, if you ever have an overflow, keep me in mind!
That looks so good! Beautiful eggs, both in the shell and poached on toast. :)
Post a Comment