A holiday tradition I absolutely love is the annual Christmas Tea at Sierra Pines Church in Oakhurst. It's a time of giving as it is a major fundraiser for the Women's Ministry program at the church. The tea itself was beautifully catered, the time spent with my daughter and granddaughter was priceless, and the room full of raffle treasures was quite popular and raised enough money for the program to run smoothly for a year without using any of the church's operating funds. At our table there were many winners including Jen, Karah, a me! As we were leaving the church for the evening we could truly feel the Christmas spirit kick in.
Tea sandwiches, scones, and sweets . . . plus tea served in a beautiful tea cup and saucer that everyone was invited to take home as a souvenir . . . and a fun night spent with Jen and Karah . . . life is good!
I love women's ministry fundraisers. We had a boutique this year and it was quite a hit with many wonderful vendors and items (homemade and otherwise) for sale.
Wish I had been there, love those little sandwiches and scones, and tidbits!! Will always remember our tea at the Huntington Library!The times at "Frills" were so fun with the hats and boas. I also like the one on Prospect Dr. in Pomona. Love the picture we have.
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
6 comments:
That always looks like such a lovely time. I'd totally go if I lived closer! You didn't mention raffles...if I recall Karah scored last year.
I read it too fast, you did mention that you were all raffle winners :)
What a lovely spread! The idea of a Christmas tea sounds like a wonderful tradition.
that all looks wonderful!!
I love women's ministry fundraisers. We had a boutique this year and it was quite a hit with many wonderful vendors and items (homemade and otherwise) for sale.
Wish I had been there, love those little sandwiches and scones, and tidbits!! Will always remember our tea at the Huntington Library!The times at "Frills" were so fun with the hats and boas. I also like the one on Prospect Dr. in Pomona. Love the picture we have.
Post a Comment