Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Joy of Tole Painting

Another Christmas tradition that's been going on for the last dozen years or so, is painting a set—actually several sets, of ornaments to share as Christmas gifts for our daughters and their families. And this year is no exception. I just finished them yesterday and now they're ready to hang on the tree and hopefully bring a smile or two to their recipients!

I love the style of Kay Quist, the designer of this set, in fact I think this is the fifth year I've used her. Only snag is she likes to use layers and layers of colors—this set included thirty-five different colors of paint, but I'm always happy how they turn out.

The final set of three Christmas cutie-pies!

"Love"

"Smile"

"Joy"

Life is good!

7 comments:

TravelingGrammy said...

They're so beautiful! We had our annual tree trimming party at the clubhouse today....missed you!

kalebsmum said...

Wow. You've got such the talent painting Janice!! And you painted my favorite decoration... the snowman!! Beautiful!!

GreyWolf said...

You can adopt me, my address is....
Just beautiful.

Leigh said...

So cute! What a great idea, and a great tradition.

sandra said...

Wow, they're so awesome, Ma. Your talent is a blessing from God. I always love putting your ornaments on the tree!

BeBopGrammie said...

So cute..love them every year..how many years have you been doing snow(men/women) now?

Aunt Patty said...

These are absolutely PRECIOUS! I love them!! I have one that was on Mom's tree.