Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tasty Treat

My friend Danni over at Critter Farm offered this idea a couple years ago. And now that we have our own flock of awesome egg layers I thought I'd give it a try. I made up a batch of oatmeal, spread it on a tray to cool, and offered it up to our girls. It's such fun just to watch them slowly discover not to be afraid and that it's actually edible.

Cooling off to edible temperature . . . I even donated my patriotic Dollar-Tree tray for the cause.

"Hmmmm . . . wonder what the heck that is?"

"What are we supposed to do with that goop?"

"Mama, give me a hint here!"

"What do you think, Bertha?"

"Hmmmm . . . not sure, I'll try if you try!"

"Well, shoot-howdy! This is tasty!"

"Okay now, move over, there's plenty of room for all of us!"

"Oh hi Myrtle, now that you just laid that egg, you must be hungry. Come on and join the crowd, this is good stuff!"

Life is good!

4 comments:

TravelingGrammy said...

So, did the yummy oatmeal increase egg production?

Leigh said...

LOLOL! I just love chickens. They never cease to entertain. May your new year be filled with as much adventure and wonder.

Aunt Patty said...

How cute this is! Love it! And so do those girls!!

Farmer Jen said...

Myrtle & Bertha?! Cracks me up.