Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A New Idea for Christmas Baking

Christmas baking usually means, to me anyway, baking cookies. To others it may mean getting ready for the holiday months ahead of time by preparing a Fruit Cake or two. Others may be thinking of making an old fashioned Christmas Pudding. 

I've wanted to make something I'd never made before, and because Ken and I love having our morning cup of cappucino, enjoying a biscotti with it would be a perfect way to start our day. When I mentioned that idea to Ken, he responded with "Yes, and how about making some maple-nut scones like they have at Starbucks!" So that's how I spent my day. And it was fun and they both came out darn tasty!

These are Gingerbread Biscotti . . . I plan on making Lemon Biscotti tomorrow.

These are the Maple-Nut Scones. Next time I'll make them a bit thinner because these rose a bit too high, but didn't hurt the edibility!

Life is good!

7 comments:

Farmer Jen said...

Both look great and deliciously decadent! I've made both scones and biscotti, but not those tasty flavors. I'd like to try baking those sometime.

sandra said...

Those look great!

Razzberry Corner said...

Those look awesome! You are competing with Starbucks! :)

Leigh said...

Recipes! We want recipes! I make an anise biscotti with a recipe from my MIL. I think biscotti and scones both would make great breakfast treats. Yours look mouthwatering.

Tombstone Livestock said...

looks "delish", I found recipe for dried apricot scones on internet a few years ago, they were great after I figured out there was a typo in the recipe, said 1/2 cup buttermilk, I had a big bowl of dry flour ... added another cup of buttermilk before it looked right.

TravelingGrammy said...

Oh, my! I started drooling as soon as I saw those pictures...recipes, please! And a sample or two would be appreciated, too!

BeBopGrammie said...

Nice to try new ideas and recipes, those look yummy.