A wonderful volunteer cast of twelve are currently putting on a great show at the Golden Chain Theatre in Oakhurst. It will fun through the end of July, Saturdays and every other Sunday. If you haven't seen it, or even if you have, check out their website for tickets and schedule: goldenchaintheatre.org.
And the best part, as far as I'm concerned, is three members of my family are part of that cast of twelve. Ken is portraying both Captain Bermuda, and a minister; Jennifer is playing Augusta Van Gush, the high society member of the community of Monterey, CA; and Karah plays a Chinese girl named Tai Pan. I have never had an interest in acting, but it seems to be in the Ryder genes to enjoy being on stage.
Here are some pictures from the show. I do hope you can see it at least once before the next play starts in August or September. The quality of shows that have been appearing lately at the Golden Chain have been awesome!
 |
| I need to remind you that everything at the Golden Chain Theatre is done by volunteers . . . everything—including the design and building of this awesome set. Here is center stage, the interior of the local tavern in Monterey, Swan's Place. |
 |
| Stage left: the holding cell for shanghaied sailors, bound for China. |
 |
| The Heroin, played by Jessica Talley is being confronted by the three shanghai conspirators from left: "Rawhide" played by Jessica's real-life dad Gary Talley, Jason Turner plays the Villain "Montigue Leech" and on the right is Tawni Jackson who plays "Senorita Carlota Castinet de San Diego." |
 |
| Ken and Jennifer a.k.a. Captain Bermuda and Augusta VanGush. |
 |
| This scene is called "The Dream Scene" and that is Karah a.k.a. Tai Pan on the left. |
 |
| August Van Gush has no respect for the likes of Montigue Leech! |
 |
| Here is Ken playing the Preacher, try to get the marriage ceremony performed but has been rudely interrupted by somebody from the back of the house (cast member "Mother McGoof" played by Julie O'Brien) as she tries to stop the wedding. |
 |
| It just makes me smile while I watch my precious family having so darn much fun on stage! I've attended every rehearsal and am still smiling . . . after this weekend there will only be six more shows left! |
Life is good!
6 comments:
I sure wish I could be there to see it!
Oh, so do I! I hope somebody will video, only three more shows left! Then you can see it when you come out in August!
How fun! Looks like they have the acting bug :)
I can't believe I've gotten so far behind in blog visits. That looks like so much fun!
Congratulations, Happy Anniversary.
Hope you are not getting a lot of smoke from all the fires.
Sure would love to see this production. Really enjoyed the Mellodrama with Karah playing the part of the I'm not sure what to call her, maybe like a barmaid or something similar to Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke. Hate to call her anything else, but how well she played that part. Hopefully they will do a YouTube video like they did with Harvey!
Post a Comment