Monday, April 10, 2006

"Pancakes!"


That was the gleeful reply when I asked little C what he wanted for breakfast. "And I can help you make'em too!" He ran over and pointed to the counter exclaiming "That's where my mom lets me sit when I help her." I told him I just needed to finish my coffee while Papa cooked the bacon, and then we'd get started.

So I got the Bisquick out, a big bowl, milk and eggs . . . and J and KL immediately chimed in with perfect harmony . . .

"CAN I CRACK THE EGGS?"

So there you have it . . . teamwork to the max! All I had to do was pour the batter onto the electric grill, KL was in charge of flipping the pancakes. She quickly learned to watch for the bubbles as a first sign the pancakes were ready to turn.





Is that a tongue I see?



Yes, it's definitely a tongue . . . it takes a lot of concentration to stir the batter, let alone keep it in the bowl!



Perfect pancakes every time!

The only thing missing were the blueberries. C reminded me that "When we come to Oregon, remember how we picked our own blueberries? Can we do it again?"

Life is Good! and so were those pancakes!

4 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

What great teamwork. Did you have those pancakes this morning -- on a school day? Or is it Spring Break for those kids?? I loved seeing the electric griddle being used that M and I gave them. Glad you're having fun!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Pancakes were Saturday, our first morning there. But you're right. . . it's spring break this week and P has taken it off as vacation too! They have some projects in mind to try to finish up.

jennavar said...

That griddle ROCKS! Those exact words were told to me by a preschool dad when we had pajama days at C's preschool. We have to agree! I love the tongue. He's the only kid out of the three that does that when he is concentrating. He does that when playing on his basketball team too. Too cute!

Padraic and Willie said...

Hi Janet, I found you BLOG site finally. Some how, I went to your "I will try it" BLOG site by mistake and thought you are not active in your BLOG. Now I see you are very active.

I will put yours in a link on mine. We hope you and Ken doing great and will see you in Winchester Bay again.