Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When K's Working . . .



I spent the whole day making pillow tops out of some fabric I found on EBay. When we were visiting J and P's for the first time last fall and I discovered her love for Americana style art I had to get this fabric because I thought that it would make darling pillows for her new house. Well . . . I finally found some time to finish them up while K's on a business trip to Sacramento today. I'll do the back side using some of the fabric we schlepped home from our visit to S and M's the Michigan last spring. When I get those done tomorrow I'll let you see the finished product. I think they'll look pretty nice when they're done and it's been fun making them. Now I'll have to figure out something cute to make for S!

7 comments:

jennavar said...

Ahhhhhh!!!! They are sooo darn cute and are going to go sooo cute in my living room. I can't wait!!!!! I'm jumping up and down. I finished my second decorative pillow today. P went to work in C's preschool so I had some free time. I can't wait to put some color on my couches. How many more days is it??

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hope to finish them up tomorrow! I'm thinking of fastening them on the back side with wooden buttons - maybe three on each to close up the back panel after the pillow is inserted. I think they'll be pretty cute.

kalebsmum said...

You have such a talent for crafts!! I'm sure they'll turn out great!!

Aunt Patty said...

Hey sis, those are pretty awesome pillows! Lucky P and J! And K,J, and C!!

Middle America Mom said...

Wow! Those are awesome!!! I love your idea about the wooden buttons too. Cool. J will love them! I can't wait till you visit and we get to work in my craft room. I wonder what we'll make? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be fun!

Middle America Mom said...

I love it when Dad comments! He seems to do it when he travels -- it's a great way for him to keep in touch. I love you dad!

kalebsmum said...

Do you ever share your recipes?? That salsa sounds yum!! I'm always looking for good ones!!