This summer has been spent having a great time with my sewing machine. The last couple of days (before I have to get busy putting up blackberry jam) I decided to sew together a quilt-top, the pattern being "Crow's Fence." My book called this a quilt that can be put together quickly, being that it's a fairly simple pattern. Well . . . to make a long story short, I learned how very important that one-quarter-inch seam is. I thought my pressure foot was set for 1/4" so I sewed the 117 two-inch strips together in threes and fours . . . cut the sets down to size . . . and was supposed to end up with one set at 5 x 6 and the other at 6 x 5 . . . hmmmmm. . . didn't work out that way! You know why? Because my pressure foot was not as accurate as I thought. I should have put on the quarter-inch foot that I purchased last summer but figured I didn't need it—well, I did! I guess I could have trimmed the vertical strips to match the horizontals . . . but I was too lazy. I thought it would be easier to just rearrange the blocks and that's just what I did. Now I'll have to think up a good name for this pattern! It's actually not as bad as I thought it might be . . . I've gotten used to it now and like it. So I'll take it back to Coarsegold where I can stretch it to get it ready to quilt.



Oh well . . . Life is Good!
5 comments:
What a bummer that it wasn't doggone accurate! What pretty colors you used :> I wonder what you're going to call it?
Wow!! I'm still impressed! How long did that take you? You sure are speedy. I like the pattern!
You know that you should change your name from tolewoman to Quilting Queen!! I just love your quilts...I don't seem to have the patience myself but love the look of them. Let us know what you end up naming this one...
K came up with a name for this pattern. We're calling it "Steps and Slides!" . . . or was it "Ladders and Slide" ???
Dad is a creative guy -- must be his Imagineering training! I like the name :>
Post a Comment