Sunday, September 24, 2006

Winchester Bay 2006

When we arrived last Thursday we were surprised to see so many RVers camped out here. We didn't get in the same area as last year and are parked in the "low-rent district." But we're still having lots of fun with our friends, Cecile and Gary (who were with us last year), and Jane and Russ (who haven't crabbed before so it's been fun showing them the ropes! Actually Janes doesn't "do" sea food of any kind but Russ does and he's lovin' it. Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days. The crabbing hasn't been as plentiful as last year, but we have brought in 14 so far. . . as I write this blog the men are out now to harvest the evening catch.

K and G ready for their first launching of the Zodiak,
and set the baited traps in place.

Checking the traps for keepers!

First steamed crab of the season.

C and I picking the meat out of the first batch
of steamed crab.

Here is Gary barbecuing fresh oysters.

Already for the barbecue sauce . . . I didn't think I was
going to like'em but was I every surprised. Delicious!
Especially the barbecue sauce!

Here we are having a great time.
Gary and Cecile seated, us on the left,
and Jane and Russ on the right.


Typical Winchester Bay sunset . . .
I stole this picture from my friend, Padraic.




4 comments:

jennavar said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Crab looks delish! Oysters were good..huh. Still not sure if I would like them.

Padraic and Willie said...

Cool crabbing in Winchester Bay; nice to see you this year.

kalebsmum said...

Yummy!! It looks really good and it's always a plus to be able to do activities like this one with friends!

Mary and Elaine said...

Enjoy the crab for us. I'm getting pretty tired of chicken. We really miss being with all of you this year at Winchester Bay. Next year we will have our priorities in the correct order. Cairo is great. M. will keep you posted via travelogue.