Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Autumn Leaves . . .

It's apparent that it is fall in Cascadia. The maples are turning from bright green to yellows, oranges, and reds. Around here they are mostly yellow. With a storm in the air, the wind is causing the trees to throw down their leaves which creates a beautiful golden carpet below. I walked across the creek to get a picture to send to Karen of the hoop house all buttoned down for the winter and took these pictures while there. A beautiful time of year!

Here is the golden carpet I spoke of.

This shot looks like the subject of a country painting . . .

The storm is passing overhead. So far just windy . . .

This is our driveway. I always love watching our little maple trees turn color.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Ken said...

It is getting rather cold here too.
You want to cuddle JE?

jennavar said...

Wow.. it is beautiful. Great pics maaaa. Daddy.. hey now, as my daughter told me the other night as I was cuddling with my darling.. "hey mom, let's keep it PG now." Too funny.

Middle America Mom said...

Isn't it great to see the changing of the colors? I love to experience the four seasons. I just wish that winter was shorter

Padraic and Willie said...

Very nice fall color.