skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Seattle Sunshine
We are up in Seattle visiting family and having a wonderful time. It's always nice to have some time catching up with our brother and sister-in-law, R and S. Today the four of us took a bus down to the University District and went to the Burke Museum on the University of Washington campus. We enjoyed seeing a great exhibit of northwestern photography called "Yellowstone to Yukon" and learned about Giant Squid, and even got to see a couple of complete dinosaur skeletons.
We've played at least a dozen games of Pegs and Jokers with R and S. There have been some pretty tense games and we're pretty evenly matched so there are times when the guys win, and then there are winning streaks that S and I share!
The highlight of the trip has been getting to know sweet Samantha, our two year old great niece! She's absolutely adorable and such a smart little one, who chats away in full-on sentences. We saw her last in August 2006 for her first birthday. It's amazing how she's grown up in only a year's time.
Sammy went to preschool today and came in with the biggest smile.
She had made her Gramma a present and she was thrilled to show it to me for the picture.
This afternoon we went up to visit Ken's mom. It was good to see Mom, who is doing well at the ripe old age of 91. She was in good spirits and enjoyed the slide show we brought with us. We shared pictures of things we've been doing throughout the year, and she especially enjoyed seeing pictures of her great grandkids.
She was happy to see us as we were to see her. She had some teeth pulled yesterday, so I wasn't sure how she'd be feeling but she said she was just fine.
Here's Steph, Samantha, and "Great Gramma!"
She's doing well and seems to be happy in her new place.
3 comments:
What a great blog to help us catch up on the Seattle goings-on. Sammy's so adorable and looking so grown up. I'm glad to see that Gramma Ryder is doing well too. It's nice to see such a big smile on her face!! I sent her a hand-made card for her birthday, I hope it made her smile like that.
I forgot to mention that I love that museaum that you went to -- it was just a short walk from my apartment when I went to UDub.
J just said.. aww mannn they went to Seattle without us. We should be there too. Grandma looks beautiful! What a great smile. I love the sparkle in Sammy's eyes. I'm thinking she is not on the "shy" side. I love her art project too! We do wish we were there. Give everyone our love.
Post a Comment