Friday, October 19, 2007

South Fork of the Santiam River

I wanted you to see the river at this time of year. We've never seen this much water in it since this is the latest we've stayed in Camp Cascadia. It's "breathtakingingly" beautiful, don't you think! According to our local precipitation recorder, we got nearly two inches of rain last night. It's time to head to dryer climate.

Looking east from the bridge at the water rushing from the mountains. This is the area where, in the summer when it is pretty dry with just a small stream of water flows, swimmers sun-bath on the flat river rock.

Looking west from the bridge at the water rushing toward Foster Lake.

And this is our street as you turn left after the bridge.


4 comments:

jennavar said...

Ahhhhh... beeaauuuttiiifffuuuuul!

Look at all of the water. Where are the flat rocks that we stand on in the middle of the river to decide if we want to go in the water (often verryy cooold!). Amazing how it fills up. The pictures are gorgeous maa!

Gary & Cecile Thompson said...

Wow...and to think that little trickle has turned into a raging torrent.

kalebsmum said...

Great pics...I guess I assumed that you had already headed south...

Laura said...

Awesome pictures. I would like to invite you and your husband to spend one or many days with us in San Francisco. 510-566-4010
Laura