Life is good!
Friday, February 15, 2008
A Day at the Doublebarrel Ranch
We were lucky to be invited to go with KL to her twice-a-week adventure at the Doublebarrel Ranch in Mariposa. As you probably know she's been loving horses since she was seven years old. And now that she lives in the country she may even be able to be the proud owner of her own horse some day. But first her mom and dad want to be absolutely sure that she fully has the knowledge to care for such an animal. It's one thing to admire horses, but quite another thing to be able to care for one. JJ found out about this ranch through the local feed store in town. And twice a week seems to be a perfect match for KL's homeschooling schedule. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. What a fun and beautiful day it was.
So off she goes . . . out to the corral and brings Brandy back to get her all cleaned and brushed . . .
After the lesson KL puts the blanket and saddle away, gives Brandy another cleaning and brushing, and another picking of the hooves and back to the pasture until the next time .
Life is good!
Life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What an absolutely gorgeous day for riding! I love the pictures you took. I'm so proud of her with the confidence that she is gaining from this experience. She ABSOLUTELY loves going to the ranch and is learning so much. Thanks for coming!
Girls and horses!! I remember being her age and loving to ride horses. I was luckly enough to have my friend across the street who had horses...It's good that she is getting the experience first...
Hi Janice and Ken, Chinese steam the abalone for 10 minutes or so depend on the quantity. The small one (2 inches) we have in Hong Kong come from South Africa. Our friend in CA caught some large one (6 inches) from North CA coast. The time in the steam depends how well done you like. After steaming, we pour hot oil and soy sauce with green onion on it like we prepare fresh fish. The large abalone, we slice it in small pieces, serve it with cooked lecture and Chinese oyster sauce.
I took riding lessons when we moved to California as a girl.
That was part of the 'moving' deal...if we move to California, you can ride horses there.(apparently there were no horses in Florida?!?)
I dreamed of owning a horse someday. I drew pictures of them,I collected little figurines, read books about them...
We got one eventually, but she was basically a lawn mower. She wouldn't let anyone ride her. She was a hand-me-down and rejected all other riders but the original. But I had a horse just the same!
Post a Comment