Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Birthday Precious Granddaughter

You are entering another chapter of your life . . . "Teenhood." You are thirteen years old today, a fact I can hardly believe simply because it just seems like yesterday (almost) that I watched your birth into this world. You've grown up to be such an adorable young lady, intelligent and bright, in addition to being a beautiful person inside. You are a child of God and I am blessed to have you as my granddaughter. I love you, KL!

Your birthday always seems to fall near the Super Bowl game, and this year was no different. But you are such a good sport about it . . . here you are anxiously waiting for half-time to open your presents.

I can't believe your mom found a card with reference to "Boogies!"

Hmmmmm . . . makeup?

What fun to wake up to your favorite music.

You didn't think you were going to get a birthday cake. You were such a good sport knowing your mom couldn't bake the Pioneer Woman's decadent chocolate sheet cake because the oven didn't work due to the power outage, but we surprised you by bringing a store-bought one! Of course we'll wait for another time soon for the homemade version!

Happy Birthday, sweetie.

Life is good . . . especially being a grammy to someone as sweet as you!

2 comments:

jennavar said...

What a sweet post. I have been shocked and amazed all day that she has entered the teens. Where has the time gone? She is a good sport huh! Next year we'll have to have the celebrations separate. But we did make her actual birthday (today) really fun and all about her!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful teenager! It is amazing that you have entered those teen age years already. What fun you'll have as a teen with your own horse and a neat place like you have to ride it. Looks like you had a great birthday celebration KL, even without a home made cake. I love you lots KL and so glad you and I had that nice walk to your stables and a chance to chat like we did. Love, Great Auntie P