Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Birthday Girl

My daughter JJ, and granddaughter KL, joined me (JJ actually chauffeured us in her new car) in wishing Mom a Happy Birthday today. We celebrated her 88th birthday today and brought with us her most favorite pie, a Lemon Meringue pie from Marie Callendars. I fondly remember Mom's lemon meringue pies she used to make (and she remembered making them from her own lemons off of her tree), and she was amazed at the height of the meringue on the pie we brought. In fact she thought it to be a bit silly to have so much meringue! However, she did enjoy her piece of pie. We stayed a little while, opened a few presents, and enjoyed a nice visit. I got a few pictures, so we can remember this special day . . . one of those precious four-generation-days!

Lemon Meringue pie instead of a birthday cake . . . she loved it!

Presents are always fun to receive!

What fun to have this special time with four generations of "Burns" women! In this picture Mom's enjoying a piece of birthday chocolate.

Happy Birthday Mom, I love you so much!

Life is good!

4 comments:

jennavar said...

Wow maaa!! You are so speedy with your posts. You amaze me. It was nice visiting Grandma on her birthday. I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Celebration!

jennavar said...

p.s. check out the giganterous man-hand of mine sitting on Grandma's knee. Who did I inherit that from???

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see mom is wearing the bracelet we gave her. It only took one day in the mail, and she called to thank me and say how much she liked it. She was able to put it on herself, I thought she might need help. Yes, I do remember mom's lemon meringue pies, she was a great pie maker. Very good four generation picture J.E. and a good one of you and mom too. Mom looks happy on her 88th birthday. Good job everyone!!

Laura said...

How awesome to have a wonderful time with your mom and other family memebers. All to be cherished while we are all here. How fortunate you are. I love the pictures.
laura