skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Christmas Eve 2008
It's hard to believe that Christmas goes by so fast after all the planning, sewing, tolepainting, baking, cooking, sending cards, and decorating that is done every year. And this year was no different. But we'll treasure the memories forever.
Jen and I cooked a wonderful prime rib dinner with all the fixings. (I took pictures of the prime rib ready to go in the oven, and the carrots waiting to be glazed, and the string beans ready to be sauted with a bit of bacon and pine nuts, and the potatoes ready to be stuffed to become twice-baked potatoes . . . but those pictures looked "naked" because I failed to get pictures of the final dishes. So just use your imagination and sense of smell and taste and you'll capture the essence of our dinner.)
Here is our Christmas in pictures.
Traditionally the kids are allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve . . . and that present is traditionally the Christmas pajamas I make them every year. I make four pair of jammies for the grandsons, and one for KL, my only granddaughter. We'll enjoy all five grandkids plus our daughter and son-in-law next year as they come out every other year. That's when it's just the best of the best times . . . when we're all together!
Here they are ready for bed and soon will have visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads! The boys liked their John Deere flannel P.J.s
Jen sat down for the traditional Christmas story reading, normally from the Bible. This year she found a great book that has Christmas stories from several top authors. As she began reading, their kitty found a comfy spot on the back of the couch right above Jen's head. The cat was innocently watching out the window, but her tail was swishing across Jen's cheek.
It happened once nonchalantly at first and we thought nothing of it. Then she'd swipe her cheek every few seconds and we all just got the giggles.
Our Christmas story time got quite humorous.
The youngest, CD, wrote this note to Santa and made sure he had cookies and warmed milk!
The ornaments this year were fun to paint.
I hope your Christmas was full of peace . . .
, , , and joy!
Life is Good!
4 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!
Those ornaments are beautiful!
It was a very fun Christmas!! I had my camera in my room, but I didn't think to take it out and take pictures.
Christmas Eve was so funny. The cat kept stroking her cheek without even knowing that she was doing it. IT was very distracting, though it gave light to the evening.
It sounds like you had a great Christmas with the family. I just love the detail work of the ornaments! Dinner sounds yummy-we did something like that this year.
Great Christmas post. Loved the cat! My Christmas this year was good, but not as peaceful as I would have liked. I get too stressed these days. Need to make some changes for that in the new year.
Post a Comment