Life is Good!
Monday, December 08, 2008
A Gift of Love
The Crazy Shorts Quilt is finished and on its way to Cecile, who is busy selling Christmas Trees over in the Bay Area. The top was finished in September, and since getting back from Oregon it has been sent to the professional quilter, then returned back to me for the binding. I thought you'd like to see it for the last time before it goes. Truly it is a family heirloom as crazy as it may look. There is such a great story that goes along with it. If you don't remember the story, click on the link to read it.
I've come to love this quilt and, at the same time, am happy to see it go and bring fond memories and, hopefully, lots of smiles to Ceciles son-in-law. Merry Christmas!
On the pocket of the turquoise "crazy frogs" bermuda shorts, this set of initials with the heart patch was found by Cecile's daughter while she was taking the shorts apart (getting the fabrics ready for us to make the quilt top). I don't think he ever knew it was there and it will be a fun memory-making surprise for him. The quilt label on the back shows that it is a gift to Cecile's son-in-law and dedicated to the memory of his mom.
Life is Good!
Life is Good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
The quilt looks great and I'm sure that Cecile will love it when she sees it tomorrow! What a treat for our son-in-law!
What a wonderful project! Now he can wrap himself in all those wonderful memories....how lucky Cecile is to have such a wonderful friend as you. I can certainly appreciate all the time and effort that was put into this beautiful quilt.
I am very graced in this life to have such good friends. Life is more than good- it's fantastic! Thank you Janice.
The quilt is safely in the hands of Cecile! It's absolutely beautiful...the "label" is so touching. I told
Cecile we wanted lots of pictures...You are a great friend to help her make this for David.
Just awesome, that quilt. And man, those are some crazy shorts he used to wear! Is this going to be a complete and total surprise?
A gift of love, I'll Say!!!
You are a wonderful kind and sweet person it is my pleasure to know you.
Laura
It turned out great!! I hope that it brings fond memories for him :)
Post a Comment