Friday, September 11, 2009

A Fancy Schmancy Celebration

Our daughter and son-in-law treated us to a fun evening out he town to celebrate our anniversary. They took us to a restaurant called Zazios unlike any restaurant we've ever been. Inside the restaurant was a section called "Chef's Table" where we sat with about 10 others in two rows facing Executive Chef John who prepared an amazing five-course meal while chatting with us as he cooked and explained, in detail, what he was doing, from what part of Italy the recipes came, etc. Plus with each course we were served a wine especially paired for that course . . . oh my goodness, it was a fabulous time. The whole experience took nearly three hours which allowed us plenty of time to savor each and every bite, and the wines were perfectly matched. I wish I had taken my camera to show you each beautifully plated course, but I was able to get these photos off their website.

While waiting for Chef John to start, we enjoyed a cocktail in the bar.

Chef John has a great personality, and is very relaxed in his manner of relating with the audience. It was such a great experience.

Thank you SS and MF for such a fun time!

Life is good!


3 comments:

jennavar said...

That looks like a place to have an absolute blast. What a fun evening.. and I'm sure it was very yummy too!

Middle America Mom said...

We sure did have fun! The atmosphere, the food, the company, the wine..it was all superb! You are very welcome :>

Aunt Patty said...

How fun!! I love Italian food, what a great idea!!