Life is Good!
Friday, September 11, 2009
One...Two...Three...Glow!
I've never been near a hot air balloon. I've only enjoyed looking up at them floating in the sky. The first weekend in Michigan, SS was so excited because there was going to be the first national hot air balloon festival ever held in her hometown. We had to get up very early in the morning in order to see them "inflate" and take off. We were hoping to be able to follow one and help the crew land it at the finishing line. The getting up early was easy because we were all pretty excited to see the colorful balloons. We drove out to where the race was supposed to start . . . only to find out the weather was not on their side, and there would be no race that morning. But the balloonists all encouraged us to come out to the "Glow" that evening. They promised the weather would permit this part of the festival. So that's what we did. Unfortunately the weather didn't allow any balloons to take off the entire weekend, but the balloonists all had a great attitude of "Oh well, that's part of the sport!" Of course we were disappointed, but we still had fun in spite of it.
One the count over the loud speaker: "One...Two...Three...Glow!"—they would all light up and put on a spectacular glowing exhibit of their beautiful colors!
Life is Good!
Life is Good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We had such a great visit with you! Too bad the balloons never actually got in the air! I loved the One-Two-Three-Glow!
Great photos! I've never seen them glow like that at night.
Love the shots of the glow and it's too bad that they didn't get in the air that morning. I remember visiting Palm Springs and seeing them from my grandmothers. Beautiful!!
What a gorgeous glow. I'm glad you were able to enjoy them even if they never took off!
Post a Comment