Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tomorrow's Apple Crisp

Now that we don't have the blackberry jungle in the front part of our property we can finally get to the apples. We've know about this apple tree, which is over 20 feet tall, for years now. We've just never been able to get to the apples! After dinner Ken suggested we go and pick some apples before we pull out of here and head south this weekend. Tomorrow I'll make a delicious Apple Crisp from our very own apples . . . hmmmm . . . wish I had some ice cream!
He didn't need the ladder after all.
The long harvest pole worked just fine.


In years past we've only been able to get the ones that happen to fall on the ground in front of the thorny blackberry bushes.


Yummo! I can almost smell the
scrumptious Apple Crisp baking now!


Life is Good!

3 comments:

Farmer Jen said...

What a lovely apple bounty you have! I can almost smell that warm, cinnamony, apple creation baking now...

jennavar said...

I want my own apples from my apple tree. Just look at that basket and you didn't even have to go to a store or fruit stand for them. Yummy!

Aunt Patty said...

Great to have apples in your own back yard! Seems they would make an excellent apple anything!