Monday, March 01, 2010

Home Baked Bread . . . the only way to go!

Ken has been trying out recipes the last few weeks to come up with a healthy bread. This one is made of 100% white whole wheat flour (from King Arthur's), olive oil, honey, and flax seed. And it is my favorite. It slices beautifully and tastes fantastic.



We replaced our large bread machine with a smaller one (because of our shortage of storage space). The dough is made in the machine, taken out and placed in a bread pan for the final proof, and finally baked in the oven. I love the fragrance of bread baking in the oven.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Danni said...

It looks delicious!! I've never made bread with olive oil - where did you find the recipe?
Mmmm....homemade bread! :-)

Farmer Jen said...

Ooh, looks lovely! Bread with olive oil is good. I like the white whole wheat flour too and the flax. Yes, I'd like the recipe too, please.

jennavar said...

Hmmm... what a gorgeous looking loaf of bread. I want the recipe too!

Aunt Patty said...

Way to go K. I didn't know about white whole wheat flour, looks very delicious.