Sunday, March 28, 2010

Playing with the kids

I've been laid up with a nasty virus this week so I haven't had the time nor the energy to get acquainted with the new kids on the block. But today was a great day and I had a "kid fix" . . . the four-legged kind.

Destiny and her five-day-old kids. The lighter color is "Lulu" and next to her is "Skylar Boots."

KL said Destiny is back to being herself . . . She didn't like being touched much while pregnant. I guess her hormones have settled down.

I took over seventy pictures of these little guys, but they move so fast it was difficult to get any decent ones to show off their cuteness.

They love climbing over these big rocks . . . back and forth, up and down.

Lulu is just a sweetie pie.

And this little lady, Cover Girl, will soon be a mama herself!

Joey has been working hard this last week. He's been tethered in the back yard on weed-duty, and he's doing a good job and loving it. Ken moved his anchor into higher weeds. He wasn't really happy, at first, because he was no longer near his boulder nor the shade of a tree. He soon forgot his woes and enjoyed chomping on some nice juicy morsels.

Life is good!


3 comments:

BeBopGrammie said...

Nothing says Spring like new kids on the block..they are so cute, and it looks like everyone is quite pleased with the whole thing, except maybe Joey..BTW is he the Daddy?

BeBopGrammie said...

p.s. glad you are feeling better!!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Answers to BeBopGrammie's questions: Joey is a wether (castrated male) and was purchased along with Cover Girl. Goats don't like to be an "only child" ... Cover Girl and Destiny have different mates (each having their own credentials)and one of them has quite a studly name but I can't think of it. I'm Jen can clue you in.