skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Blue and Gold Day
Today is a really big day for my third grandchild, RD. It's "Blue and Gold Day" and after being a Cub Scout for four years, it's his time to become a Boy Scout. He's pretty excited about it, as he should be. He's receiving all kinds of awards, his mid-western grandparents will be there, his pastor has been invited to present him with a special award, which RD has been working on all year, and he earned the Arrow of Light Award which is the only badge a Cub Scout can earn and take with him to the next chapter of scouting . . . Boy Scouts. Just know that we are very proud of you, RD, and wish we could be there in person.
RD has many great attributes . . . he's smart, kind, loving, clever, has a quick wit, is a great hockey player, and loves scouting—in addition to being a great kid who is quickly becoming a fine young man!
The pinnacle of Cub Scouting is the Arrow of Light Award. The requirements for this badge include developing outdoor skills, gaining an understanding of the values of Scouting, and preparing to become a Boy Scout. I understand it takes hard work to achieve this award and we are so proud that RD stuck with the tasks and reached his goal. Life is Good!
3 comments:
Way to go Riley! I'm so proud of you! I know you worked really hard for that. Enjoy the moment.
Awww, ma, what a nice tribute to R's successes! It was such a special time for him. I took pictures and will blog when I get home from Toronto. R said to me, "this is definitley blog-worthy, don't you think mom?" What a great boy!
He is quite a boy!! I'm proud to be his Great Auntie! Love you R! Congratulations on earning that badge, I sounds like a lot of hard work but I bet you enjoyed doing it all.
Post a Comment