Friday, February 26, 2010

Spontaneous Date Night

Late this afternoon we were given two tickets to a Travis Tritt concert playing at Chukchansi Gold Resort just five minutes up the road. Now Travis Tritt is not someone we would normally choose to go see, in fact I couldn't think of any of his songs I might recognize, even though some of his songs have been number one on the charts. But hey! It was a gift . . . free tickets! So we accepted them gratefully and planned to have dinner before the concert at Nativo's, one of the casino's five great restaurants.

The dinner was perfect, the concert . . . well, let's just say that it was pretty loud . . . and actually we enjoyed watching the crowd go nuts during the concert. Some of the women acted like teenage girls did when Elvis was popular back when I was in high school. It seemed that the crowd got crazier as the concert was nearing the end. Perhaps it's because the bar was open in the back? Hmmmmm. Anyway, we did have a good time in spite of the volume.

I didn't think to take my camera, however we did have our cell phone. I took several pictures . . . we had pretty good seats. However, now I have to figure out how to email myself the pictures from the phone . . . duh! So I found this picture on the web. He put on a two-hour concert with no intermission.

Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino

Life is good!

6 comments:

Danni said...

I *love* spontaneous date nights!
Glad you guys had fun - next time, time some of those little foamy earplugs! :-)

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hi Farmgirl dk
Thanks for the great idea of earplugs. I have some of those but never even thought about needing something like that. Next time for sure!

jennavar said...

Wow that does sound like a fun spontaneous date night. I'll have to look him up too. I have only been to one of the restaurants so far. Sounds like your dinner was pretty yummy and the night overall was entertaining.

Farmer Jen said...

I am somewhat familiar with Travis Tritt as I enjoy country music, but right now I am not sure I could name one of his songs. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The last concert I attended was also waaay too loud and even though we had decent seats, for which I paid extra, we had to stand up all night because everyone else was on their feet the whole time! A total waste of money for the seats. Never again. I guess I am just "getting old".

TravelingGrammy said...

We were there, too! We didn't think of earplugs so Jack went to the restroom and pick up a supply of toilet paper for our ears...We were very disappointed! I agree with Jen- we're getting too old....

Aunt Patty said...

Sounds like a darn fun night! I say Travis gets and A for effort, anyone who goes on for two hours without a break , especially in high volume is sure a guy who gives it his all.