I suppose it's animal instinct to care for the young. Before the baby goats were born Murray would bark loudly at the goats from his side of the fence. I wonder if this attitude will change once the babies join the adults in the pasture.Friday, April 02, 2010
Four-Legged Kid Sitter
Yellow Lab Murray has adopted the new baby goats! For the first 24 hours of their life the kids have had to be hand fed since their mama has had trouble producing milk. They've been kept in the house and Jen and KL are trading off on the feeding schedule. In the meantime Murray has kept a loving eye on the baby goats, and sleeps right next to their basket.
I suppose it's animal instinct to care for the young. Before the baby goats were born Murray would bark loudly at the goats from his side of the fence. I wonder if this attitude will change once the babies join the adults in the pasture.
I suppose it's animal instinct to care for the young. Before the baby goats were born Murray would bark loudly at the goats from his side of the fence. I wonder if this attitude will change once the babies join the adults in the pasture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Now they are just the cutest little kids in the living room! Murray is being a good big brother!
I love it when the unlikely in our minds just appears before us. Funny how new life is revered, no matter what the species. It reminds me of photos I have gotten on email that show such "strange but true" similar groupings.
How sweet that Murray guy is, and how nurturing and caring, just like a dad himself. What a dog!
Post a Comment