Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Stroll

Early this morning, before I was up, Ken noticed a strange movement outside our living room window. He got up to see what it was . . . and was quite surprised. He grabbed the camera and went out to get a picture. I'm not sure I'd have believed him had I not seen it.

A beautiful male Peacock was just strolling down the road as if he owned the place.

And as he passed by, this furry four-legged feline crept down the road in the opposite direction, keeping an eye on that strange feathered friend.

Apparently, after talking with a few friends down at the clubhouse, there are a few Peacocks living in the park. We've just never seen them until this morning! I have no idea where they've come from . . . nor how long they might stay. And I wonder if there are any females wandering around.

Life is good!

3 comments:

kalebsmum said...

What a fun thing to spot so early in the morning! We have a couple of those colorful birds that roam our local zoo!

BeBopGrammie said...

These birds are so beautiful but so loud and invasive. There are many in Arcadia and Glendora and they sometimes actually drown out conversations with their loud screeching.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

So far we've not heard them, only spotted this one!