Monday, January 17, 2011

No time to be bored!

We've been living with Jen and PD for the last month (doctor's orders) to see if getting out of the rig will improve my lung condition. Of course, we don't mind at all, in that we get to enjoy all the goings-on with this busy family. Here is a glimpse of what's been happening in just the last couple days.

SATURDAY MORNING

Ken went on a 4-H field trip, with the "Horse Group" in our local chapter, to learn about a very special horse called the Lusitano which originally came from Portugal. The Lusitano horses are considered as the best suited for equestrian activities like bull fights and in fact it can be admitted without a trace of doubt that the Lusitano horses are the most well-known and eminent among the various indigenous horse breeds of Portugal. They were used by knights in battle because they are quick and agile in that they can maneuver both forward, backward in addition to sideways, enabling the rider to use his sword without hurting his horse.
The owner was kind enough to invite the Horse Group to her ranch where she breeds and trains the Lusitano horses.

She trains six days a week, only to give the horses a day off. If she had her way she'd be out training every day.
Here she is demonstrating the side-stepping maneuver.

Karah working with the Lusitano. She was invited to come and work at the ranch in exchange for training. She's pretty excited about that.
SATURDAY NIGHT

A spontaneous invitation to come up to The Grind in Oakhurst for a Blue Grass concert.
SUNDAY NIGHT

CD's ten years old! He was so excited all day . . . he's finally "double digits!"
Life is good!

3 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

Congratulations CD on your 10th birthday!! Very special!!! Nice to see a Blue Grass group, I know you and Ken love that music! Beautiful Lisitano horse, and ranch KL and Ken got to visit.

Aunt Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danni said...

Ok, I know I should be talking about horses, but I can't get past your first sentence. Lung condition? :-(
I've read through your other recent posts and can't find anything, so I'm assuming this is still the lingering nastiness that you've been dealing with for quite some time? I'm so sorry, janice - but how fortunate are you to be able to live with Jen and family in such a wonderful place!
Get well soon, ok? ((hug))