Friday, January 14, 2011

Willie in Concert

Tonight PD, Jen, Ken and I enjoyed Willie Nelson in concert at Chukchansi Casino. This is the second time the four of us have seen Willie in concert and we've been amazed at his stamina. He sings, non stop, for nearly two hours —oldies and new songs—he puts on a great show.

He's getting old but sure puts on a great concert.
He had fun throwing a dozen of his bandannas into the front row.
The show opened with "Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real." When they introduced Lukas I didn't catch his last name. When he started singing I said to Ken "Wow, he sounds just like Willie!" Come to find out when Jen said "Who in the heck is Lukas?" she proceeded to googled Lukas Nelson on her phone and we found out he is Willie's son. He is a "chip off the old block," not only a voice like his dad's but he is an awesome guitarist.

21-year-old Lukas Nelson.
This concert was our Christmas present from Jen and PD. What a great gift, thanks so much for a fun evening!

Life is good!

1 comment:

Aunt Patty said...

What a TREAT, to see Willie Nelson!! I didn't know he had a son, let alone a young son like Lukas. That Willie is pretty amazing alright. That is so neat he can still sing for two hours at a time, and that his son sounds like him. I bet Willie is happy about that!!