Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandkid No. 3 "R.D."

Here you are geared up and ready to play!

You're eight years old today. And it's so hard to believe you're that big, the years go by so fast! I remember when you were born, your Mom and Dad were so excited to welcome you into their life. I also remember your Dad, when they brought you home from the hospital, calling you "Burrito Boy" when he snuggled you up in a blanket.

But as I watch you grow up and talk with you on the phone (even though you talk so fast like your Mom) it's fun to see that you have grown into a fine young boy. Papa and I love you so much. We are happy that you are our grandson.

I made this quilt especially for you. I know it will keep you warm and snuggled up. As I was sewing it, I loved thinking about watching you out on the ice playing ice hockey with your team so well. And you are such a good sport at what ever you do, which makes us very proud.

We're in Oregon thinking about you so far away on this special day!

Even the back of the quilt says "Ice Hockey"

Happy Birthday R.D.—8-years-old today!


3 comments:

kalebsmum said...

JL, That's a sweet tribute to your grandson. He is lucky to have you as a grammy!!

A.J. said...

That is a really awesome quilt for a really awesome 8-year-old boy!

Your quilts are just amazing, J.E.! Great pictures of this one, too!

Middle America Mom said...

He loves the quilt, mom! He left you a message saying "thank you". Tonight when I tucked him in, all snuggled in that beautiful quilt, he said, "It's amazing your mom is so good at sewing. I mean, look at this, it's so surprising. I mean, who knew that she was so good? She could get money for this -- she's like a professional!"