Thursday, August 23, 2007
Production Under Way
The Camp Cascadia P&J Production House is a busy place these days. Gary is in charge of cutting the "roughs" out on the band saw. K's job is figuring out any jigs to be made and make them. Then he smooths out the game boards using the table router and finishes the ends up with a drum sander. Tomorrow's job he will be drilling the holes and then pass them over to Gary for a final sanding. At that time they will be ready for the "Finishing Department," which is Cecile and me. (But since Cecile is on a life-of-leisure vacation in Maine, (enjoying a massage, pedicure, manicure plus a lobster dinner topped off with home-made blueberry pie) it'll be just me until her return!
I couldn't get a picture of Gary at the saw but here is the fruit of his labor. We are currently waiting for a new saw blade which should be here tomorrow.
Using the router table and the template, he cleans up the roughs which Gary has cut, and makes the edges smooth and uniform.
This is a cool jig K made to make drilling the holes perfectly spaced in a straight line.
And this is a cheese board I painted while teaching Cecile to paint. Now my brushes are all warmed up for the Pegs and Jokers games. Actually this week I've been painting Christmas projects, so I can't show them yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow I'm impressed. What great pictures you took. The production assembly line sounds awesome. Turning out to be a very productive summer.. huh!!
I just realized that I didn't comment on the beautiful cutting board. I love it. Was the hoopa house your inspiration? It is so fun to be able to pick something out to paint right there in your studio.
I love that you're making pegs and jokers games -- and so professionally too!
I also love that cutting board -- it reminds me of my very own garden. If you wanted to give that to me as present, I'd act surprised and everything!
Post a Comment