Friday, August 03, 2007

Hoop House Offerings for the Day


Four different greens: Mustard, Swiss Chard, Collard Greens, and Spinach plus yellow wax beans, Kentucky blue string beans, Patty Pan squash, a couple small tender zucchini, yellow crook neck squash, and some shell peas (which I've never grown and am looking forward to "shelling" them for dinner tonight. Lots of baby green tomatoes are coming on the orphan plants, lots of blossoms on the others—sure hope they produce soon!

2 comments:

A.J. said...

You are going to be SO healthy! Beautiful pictures of beautiful produce. Those greens, and peas! Melba grew peas years ago, and they were so delicious. You hardly ever see them for sale in markets, either.

Fresh veggies from the garden are just so great-tasting! We just had some zucchini tonight, and it was so good.

Middle America Mom said...

Yahoo! What a great harvest! I love how you posed your still life, with that one pea pod opened up to illustrate that there are peas inside.

Awesome!

We have zucchini coming out our ears! I planted three plants by accident (I thought one of them was a cantelope!) I already have four loaves of z-bread in the freezer for the winter, sitting next to the five jars of strawberry "freezer jam".