Tuesday, September 25, 2007
A Crab Favorite
Tonight was another potluck. This time we were asked to bring a Mexican dish, so I decided to make Crab Enchiladas Verdes . . . yummo, one of our favorite ways to use our crab. (I still had two packages of crab from last year that I wanted to use up and it was almost as fresh tasting as if it were caught today.) The tasty sauce is made from tomatillos, onions, garlic, cilantro and green chiles. When its all simmered for about fifteen minutes, it is cooled and put into a blender to make it a semi-smooth sauce. Some of the sauce is added to the crab along with grated cojita cheese and this mixture is the stuffing for the corn tortillas which have been "wilted" in a bit of hot oil. A cup of the sauce is spread on the bottom of the pan. After the enchiladas are formed more sauce goes on top, covered with foil, and baked for ten minutes, then removed from the oven to add more cheese and sour cream on top—bake it for another ten minutes— sprinkle chopped green onions on top and—voila! Ready to serve! And oh so delicious! It was a hit . . . not one bit left over. Of course, this group of RoVing Rods love potlucks, and they have big appetites after pulling traps and cooking crab all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my, those do look good! Were they a big hit?
Man oh man, my mouth is watering. That sounds soooo good right now. Much better than my leftovers. Especially with an ice cold salt rimmed margarita. Yummo! I'm sure everybody loved it. I love the pictures too!
Oh, you really know how to HURT us! Oh how we wish we were there for those crab enchiladas. Oh yes we do.
Here's Rick:
As soon as I saw those, I just said, oh HELP me! And Janice looks so happy making them!
Post a Comment