The end of summer is creeping up. And with that time of year comes the last of the abounding fruits of the season, such as the apples we picked from the trees over at the church (from which an Apple Crisp is baking in the oven as I type this!)—and the berries I picked just this morning from an area only three feet from the back of the trailer—an area we've hardly ever been able to pick from in past years because of lack of sun. Well—this year it seemed to have enough sun to ripen hundreds of berries.
Enough for cereal in the morning!
Apples from the church's trees!
Speaking of seasonal harvests . . . here is the "harvest" of the wood-shop production for the past week . . . a huge container of sawdust!
Yummy.. I love how you have access to all of that beautiful fruit. That is the life. Are the blackberries sweet? You'll have to let us know how the apple crisp turned out. That sounds really good to go with my coffee right now. Can you cyberspace some to me?
Yummy! I really miss blackberries. I bought a pint of blackberries for $7.50 the other day. Can you believe it?!?!? I was really wanting some to accent my berry salad. We only got about 12 berries too.
Hey, that was a lot of sawdust! No wonder it was movin' slow :>
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
2 comments:
Yummy.. I love how you have access to all of that beautiful fruit. That is the life. Are the blackberries sweet? You'll have to let us know how the apple crisp turned out. That sounds really good to go with my coffee right now. Can you cyberspace some to me?
Yummy! I really miss blackberries. I bought a pint of blackberries for $7.50 the other day. Can you believe it?!?!? I was really wanting some to accent my berry salad. We only got about 12 berries too.
Hey, that was a lot of sawdust! No wonder it was movin' slow :>
Post a Comment