Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Pegs and Jokers Work Party's Over

We're really finished and packing up to go to the coast for some much-looking-forward-to crabbing! We (our foursome) drank our last bottle of wine out on the deck last night, enjoyed a wonderful grilled wild salmon for dinner, played a few games of Pegs and Jokers, and went to bed exhausted but pleased with our six-week's of hard work.

Here are the last of the "Standard" sets of our Pegs and Jokers adventure.

When I bought the wild salmon at Safeway yesterday the butcher asked me if I had a kitty at home. Of course my first thought was "no," but quickly I remembered that for the last six weeks we HAVE had a kitty . . . "Mittens" . . . the Thompsons new cat. So as the butcher was slicing my whole salmon into steaks he saved the "kitty tidbits" which I poached for Mittens so she could celebrate with us. When Mittens came six weeks ago, she was quite timid and kinda freaked out when brought into the pole barn. But, now —outside of Cecile and Gary— I think I'm her next best friend. She ate that salmon up so fast, and then licked her chops for an hour afterward.

Here she is in July, a picture Gary and Cecile sent to us. I couldn't get her to pose after I put down the dish of salmon . . . she was much too interested in gobbling it up than looking cute!

Life is good with someone else's kitty to enjoy!

1 comment:

jennavar said...

I bet drinking that last bottle of wine was a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Sounds like a yummy dinner too.

Mittens is one lucky cat. I wish I had my own plate of salmon to lick up. That looks really yummy. You lucky cat you.

Can't wait to hear about the crabbing adventure. That is always a fun one huh!