Life is pretty darn good . . . especially when you're having fun!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
2008 Stagecoach Days Grand Marshals
We were honored to be chosen as Grand Marshals in this year's Stagecoach Days Parade at Park Sierra. This time last year we were up to our neck in overseeing the 2007 event. This year we have the pleasure of enjoying someone else running the show, including a committee to decorate our golf cart! Today was the first day of the four-day event starting off with a parade which included decorated golf carts, walkers with their pets, decorated maintenance equipment including the new truck, old truck, tractor, skip-loader, you name it! I was truly amazed at the eagerness to participate in the parade. I was doubtful that more than a half-dozen or so would want to be bothered with it. Boy, was I wrong! There were more participating in the parade than in the audience enjoying the parade. Being a Grand Marshal is a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing! What fun —we can add that one to our resume . . . ha! ha!
Here we are ready to start the parade!
There were probably ten decorated golf carts lined up behind us.
This is the representatives of the "Sunshine Gals" who are responsible for keeping our clubhouse decorated during the year.
Here a couple of park guests had the "best seat in the house" perched up near the waterfall. Those pretty green "flowers" are called Irish Bells . . . I've always liked them this time of year, especially.
California Poppies are in abundance everywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What an honor to be grand marshalls!! What fun it looked like. I loved all your pictures too...
You are having to much fun.
Laura
did you get the cheese cake recipe?
Wow what a great day for a parade. I wish we could've seen you start out the parade as Grand Marshals. Sounds like lots of fun! I'm sure it was much for fun and relaxing just being able to sit and enjoy rather than running everything.
What a fun and festive parade! And you guys being the Grand Marshals! I'm so proud! Everybody looks so great and happy.
Post a Comment