Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day Three with the Smiths

After a party the night before that went way into the wee hours of the morning, we got up to a dreary foggy morning with a bit of a breeze in the air. So with that bit of wind it seemed that it could be a good sailing day, but they wouldn't be able to see the bouys! Unbelievable.

The fog was thick as pea soup!

After nice breakfast and a welcomed hot cup of coffee the sailors were wondering what the morning was going to bring . . . will we race today? There wasn't the excitement in the air as in the day before because, basically, we couldn't even see the other side of the lake! The head of the Regatta and his Director of Racing made a decision at about 10:30 a.m. to call the morning race off and announced the trophies for the regatta would be presented after lunch.

While waiting around in anticipation of the day's events, we strolled around the grounds and found the boys entertaining themselves at the little creek. They were quite busy.

I asked them what they were making, and they replied "A fountain!"

Hmmmm . . . not sure how it's gonna work.

But they were quite determined that it would!

A morning filled with dew from the night before made this spider's web glisten like a tiny string of diamonds!

Upon learning that the races were over, S and I packed our bags and loaded the car. She had invited me to go with her to a card-making class which we have done together in past visits. Ken stayed home with his grandsons while "us girls" had a fun bonding time together. And we had a blast, making three cards each! Hmmm . . . not another hobby? No! I have no more space for any more stuff!

When we got home we were all jazzed about making cards so we went down to her neat craft room and played with her new toy the Cricut machine —it cuts out shapes, letters, etc. using different computer chips —made readily available everywhere—which we used in designing our cards. What an awesome machine it is— I absolutely loved playing with it. In fact, when she went to work the day we were driving back to the airport, I played in her craft room for a couple hours. Needless to say I have no photos of these activities, I was much too busy!

We didn't even have to think about what to do for dinner because M had made a lamb stew to warm up— which was simply delicious! The six of us played Pegs and Jokers after dinner—the boys are pretty good players and it was a fun evening.

T joined his dad and Ken to make up one team.

R joined his mom and I to make up the other team.

Life is good!

6 comments:

jennavar said...

My goodness how the weather changed quickly. Love how the boys keep themselves busy regardless. It is fun to make cards with my sistah! I've seen quite a few card "stampin up" sets on ebay that are very reasonably priced! What a fun day. Who was the party with that went way into the wee morning. My goodness gracious!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Oh Jennavar, when those sailors start sippin' their rum they seem to forget what time it is! M had rented a nice fire pit with a great campfire going all through the night . . . it's place of honor right under our bedroom window. So we could hear them until about 1 a.m. . . . not too bad! Actually we got some good laughs as we were trying to fall asleep!

Middle America Mom said...

Maaaaa...I had such fun with you! I'm so glad that you and dad could join us at the club -- no wind, but still lots of fun. Thanks for helping learn how to use my fun toy. That card that you made for me is sooo cute! I might use it as my inspiration for my next card exchange :)

jennavar said...

I was just looking again at the darling pictures of my nephews playing P&J.... and in case I haven't mentioned it before I still think lil' T has his Auntie's chin. It so reminds me of my chin when I was younger and when I only had one of them... hee...hee..

Aunt Patty said...

Yeah!! Good ol pegs and jokers! How we love it! Keepin it going to the next generation! Way to go!

Aunt Patty said...

You can't even tell T lost his front tooth!!