We celebrated Labor Day around a campfire (started with a whole lot of waste from the wood shop) and a glass of wine after a long day at Pegs and Jokers production. And since it was a holiday we roasted hot dogs each to their own idea of perfection. (Ken likes roasting over coals while Gary says it's best with a bit of flame.) Either way, the hot dogs were delicious. Then Cecile brought out homemade fresh peach shortcake. What a great way to celebrate an American holiday.
Monday, September 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It looks delicious and so fun!I love roasting hot dogs over an outdoor fire pit. They just taste better that way.
It looks like you had a wonderful time! Judging from your attire, it was chilly but dry...fairly typical late summer coastal weather...however, you must be pretty far south because we witnessed tons of cars and trailers and camping gear returning early this weekend due to the torrential rains on the northern end of the coast. Ah, summer in Oregon...it's a mixed bag! :-)
It looks like you had a great time. Thanks for continuing to share your life!
Those hot dog looks so good. I am on a low salt diet.
Yum yum.. the pictures just make me want to have me some dogs! Looks really good. I think I like mine slow roasted so it gets nice and hot all the way through and then put it closer to the coals so that the outside skin blisters but doesn't burns. Just thought I'd share in case anyone cares about my hot dog requirements.
Post a Comment