Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Play Ball!
It's baseball season here in the mountains. And this year JD is a member of a Major Team . . . the New York Yankees! These are older boys and they are good players. The game goes so much faster and is pretty exciting to watch. Saturday's game was lots of fun because the Yankees won 10 to 0, with JD hitting in the winning run. And it was only in the fourth inning. (Apparently, in this league, the game is over at 10 to 0 so that it's not real embarrassing for the losing team.)
Out in left field JD awaits those ground balls and fly balls. He caught a great fly ball in the third inning.
Waiting for the perfect pitch . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so sorry to have missed this game. It looks like it was a good one. Thanks for taking pictures of our ballplayer who is growing up way too fast! They are getting a little more exciting to watch huh!
Oh he is getting SO BIG!
At first I had a hard time figuring out how he hit in the winning run when the final score was 10 to 0, but then I got it. He must have hit in the 10th run which ended the game.
It does sound exciting. Did you try to get a picture of his wonderful catch? That might be tricky!
With 8 grandsons I have been to lots of baseball games. I love watching the boys play hard....
Laura
Post a Comment