This time of year is one of my favorites. The California Poppy and Mountain Lupine are blooming everywhere I look . . . even in the most unusual places!
I love this photo. I love poppies so much! I definitely miss them not living in California. I also miss the early spring that you get there. I have some daffidils up and that's it. As you know, we can't risk planting flowers til after Mother's Day -- that's so late!
Poppies are my favorite too! And they're everywhere here too. We now see them in the vineyards, coming up in all their sunny glory between the rows. And down at the creek, where I'm always reminded of K.L. as a little child, walking over to them while holding J.D.'s hand, saying, Let's see if these have a sense of smell!
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
6 comments:
Love that picture!! What great colors they are together! Great shot J.E.
Great photo!
I love this photo. I love poppies so much! I definitely miss them not living in California. I also miss the early spring that you get there. I have some daffidils up and that's it. As you know, we can't risk planting flowers til after Mother's Day -- that's so late!
What a great photo and I love the color!
Poppies and water hydrant....coincidence?
Reminds me of the great shot you took for our cover for the cook book....AAHHH, California!
Poppies are my favorite too! And they're everywhere here too. We now see them in the vineyards, coming up in all their sunny glory between the rows. And down at the creek, where I'm always reminded of K.L. as a little child, walking over to them while holding J.D.'s hand, saying, Let's see if these have a sense of smell!
Post a Comment