My mom passed away on Tuesday, March 31. Born on February 14, 1920 she lived a wonderful 89 years. She was a great mother to five children . . . four girls and one boy, and a loving wife for 63 years. My brother died in 2000, and my dad in 2001, so I with my three sisters have lost a sweet and loving mom, but have so many memories of an awesome childhood, plus being raised by loving parents. Ken and I got to see her and say good-bye a few weeks before she passed away in Bishop, CA. She is survived by her four daughters, nine grandchildren, and fifteen great grandchildren. We will all miss her dearly. Here are a few pictures I have on my computer of her last couple years. I can picture her now dancing with Daddy and all the angels in celebration of her life here on earth.
Four generations on Mother's Day 2006
Mother's Day 2006 . . . the "Burns Women" . . . clockwise from top left: Janice, Shari, Jackie, Mom, and Patty


7 comments:
Janice, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Thank you for sharing your tribute with all of us. My families prayers are with you and your family.
I am sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Thank you for sharing her with us via your tribute post. You are right, Moms are special.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you with the passing of your Mom. There is such a special bond between Mother and Daughter which will stay with you for the rest of your life. May that give you peace along with your wonderful memories.
Oh, Janice! My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like your mom's life WAS good, but you must miss her so. Hugs to you from Oregon.
I love the picture of Gramma from Christmas 2007 -- I think that's the Christmas when we were all there. We all love her so much. What a good life she had -- with so many kids, grandkids, and great grandkids to love her!
what a sweet tribute, aunt J. I still have many fond memories of all of the raucous ping pong tournaments at your house, and your laughing mom was a huge part of those!
Thanks for the great pictures J.E. We were so blessed to have a mom like ours. So much determination with zest for and love of life.Her spirit lives on in all of us, and I am so greatful for that legacy. I know we will each miss her always. We sure have more than our share of good, warm and fun family memories.
Post a Comment