Ken made a poached egg breakfast the other day using, of course, a farm fresh egg from Simply Country Farms. There is just nothing like a farm fresh egg . . . just look at the color of the yolk! Delicious!Wednesday, April 29, 2009
A little of this, a little of that!
This may seem like a mish-mash of things to post about, but that's the way it is today.
Ken made a poached egg breakfast the other day using, of course, a farm fresh egg from Simply Country Farms. There is just nothing like a farm fresh egg . . . just look at the color of the yolk! Delicious!
Tonight we enjoyed having our good friends Gary and Cecile over for dinner. We haven't had a chance to visit with them for quite a while, we've both been pretty busy.
The chicken was cooked to perfection, plenty to eat, and plenty leftover! He wanted to cook them the way we did 45 years ago at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. At that time we cooked 500 chickens split in half, grilled on bunk bed frames placed over hot coals! Now that's a memory that takes us way back in time. In fact, I was pregnant with our first child at the time . . . oh my!
Last night we watched JD's team, the New York Yankees, play the Los Angeles Dodgers. It was a close game, and a really good game. The Dodgers are the number one team in the league, and often wins their games with a wide spread in the score, such as 13 to 1. Last night the Dodgers won, but the score was only 4 to 3. "We" made them really work for their score.
Ken made a poached egg breakfast the other day using, of course, a farm fresh egg from Simply Country Farms. There is just nothing like a farm fresh egg . . . just look at the color of the yolk! Delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Mmmm mmm does that chicken look good! Did it taste just like you remember?? I miss the way food taste so good when I was pregnant! I'm glad you had a nice time with your friends. The egg dish looks really good too. I had a poached egg for breakfast just this morning.
We had another close game tonight. CD's team Astros lost by one point. Oh well.. you win some, you lose some.
How nice to see a new post. I like the little-of-this-little-of-that format. I feel caught up. Those chickens do look yummy. How long do you have to cook them when they're split in half like that? Bunk bed frames as grills...how creative.
Nice looking egg breakfast!
Wow... you've created some neat memories and remembering some old ones!
Love the little of this, little of that too.
I'd especially like to dip my toast into a little of that farm fresh poached egg.
Good ball-playing there too!
Post a Comment