skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Goodbye Mendocino . . . Hello Florence!
Having spent five fun days in Mendocino we had to say goodbye and move on, stopping in Trinidad last night. We planned it so we could have lunch in Gold Beach and had fun reminiscing over our many fun family vacations we spent there enjoying fresh salmon nearly every night. Today we're in Florence, Oregon for a week. We got all set up and have a great camp site. Now Ken is enjoying a well-deserved nap after a long six-hour drive. As I write this all I can hear are birds singing their song and way in the distance I can hear the faint noise of dune buggies . . . Florence is famous for their sand dunes. It will be a relaxing quiet week to catch up on some reading and I think maybe I'll take some time to stitch more of those Dutch embroidery cards. Next week we'll go on up to Whaler's Rest on the Oregon coast for a week or so (we usually get anxious before the week is up) and then head over to Camp Cascadia.
I stole this picture from my friend Traveling Grammy's site. Here we are saying goodbye to our precious little buddies, C and J, after we got all hooked up to leave Mendocino. Thanks, Cecile and Gary, for a great visit.
The Oregon coast on our way to Florence.
Florence is noted for its sand dunes.
This is the view from our front door at our site in Florence, Oregon . . . beautiful secluded sites.
Our traveling herb garden . . . on the table from left: three new basil plants which will grow quite large at Camp Cascaadia, marjoram, Italian parsley, curly parsley, a new French tarragon plant (I hope we can keep this one living because we love the flavor it offers and the plants are hard to find), and our chives plant we've had for at least six years (we re-potted it this year and it's loving a bigger pot). And of course we have a dozen new tomato plants (on the bench) to plant in the hoop house when we get to Camp Cascadia. This year there is a sunnier spot saved for them in the deer-proof hoop house, so perhaps we'll even get some red tomatoes! Stay tuned!
Life is Good!
4 comments:
What beautiful pictures! How fun to have lunch at Gold Beach. Does it match up to your fond family memories? I hope you enjoy your relaxing week!
Oh! I meant to take a few tomato plants and try again...We had a wonderful time-way too short-and I look forward to seeing you again in Winchester Bay..Hope you have some leftover pulled pork....while we wait for all that crab...
Good picture of you two in the same color outfit... we will miss you in the Winchester bay this year again ..
It sounds like you had a really nice visit Maaa. I love those needle point things you did -- love the sailboat! Hey, what in the world did happen to your face?!?!? Are you okay? (or "Are you in or out" to quote your bro)
Also, hope your tomato plants get nice and red and do really well this year!
Post a Comment