Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peep! Peep! Peep!

We were invited up for dinner last night—our last chance to be together until fall. Of course I had to check in on the new additions to the farm. And it seems as though the baby chicks have grown overnight. Only one didn't make it and we were told that sometimes that can happen. All the rest are healthy and running around and even trying to fly already—too cute, but Jen will have to make some adjustments on the brooding box!

When 22 baby chicks are in one box the sound is quite loud! I think this is a baby White Leghorn (pronounced "legurn" according to the country chicken folk around here).

This little one was hard to hold on to, she wiggled so much. These little gals will be all grown up and ready to lay eggs when we return in October.

And when PD barbecues there is always enough food to feed the whole neighborhood. I think he's happiest if the barbecue grill is full! Here is barbecue chicken (hmmmm!), rib-eye steaks, "crashed potatoes" and a beautiful green salad. And was it ever tasty!

Life is Good!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I want to be there that looks like such a good dinner.
I love those little chicks too.
Laura

TravelingGrammy said...

Can you add some sound? I'd love to hear the peep, peep, peep. Dinner looks yummy-making me hungry!
Bring your sweatshirts! It's blowing like crazy today....

Middle America Mom said...

Oh you tried PW's crash potatoes! Were they as yummo as they seem??

Oh yeah, the chicks are cute too :>