Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Anticipation . . .

The Thompsons are coming to Camp Cascadia soon. We brought out the fire pit in anticipation of their arrival, because they love campfires . . . especially Cecile. I think I could safely say that she is a master at campfires. When we were in Mendocino visiting them she built a campfire every evening . . . and I mean a big, humongous campfire. However, because Camp Cascadia is basically surrounded by forest, our campfires will be scaled down considerably, but we'll enjoy our evening happy hours around a campfire when the Thompsons are here.

We had a campfire tonight and used the scrap wood from last year's Pegs and Jokers games the four of us made. This year we plan to make five times as many games, so we'll have lots of wood to burn!


Life is good . . .
especially sipping wine with friends around a campfire.

3 comments:

Danni said...

You sound like you are having such a wonderful time...it's fun to always see happy, smiling faces in your posts...you *do* have a good life! :-)

Middle America Mom said...

It's so nice to anticipate nice people visiting and fun to be had! I love campfires too! You guys are going to be working hard when they arrive, but I know you'll have fun too.

Laura said...

I love your campfire....
We are working on our fireplace. Painted it today. Working on putting tile up. Hope we do a good job.
Laura