skip to main |
skip to sidebar
See You Next Summer
It was time to say goodbye to the "CCs" since they are heading home tomorrow morning. We invited KC and the CCs over for a Dutch oven dinner. Their son, Graeme, had shown interest in Dutch oven cooking. He had read about it and actually did bake a cobbler himself last week for his family. He came over early and helped me put the lasagna together for tonight's feast. This time I doubled the lasagna recipe only so it could be four layers rather than just two, and it was a hit. I also made the bread mixing half whole wheat flour to make it a bit healthier, and it was also delicious. And the cobbler, how could I go wrong using three kinds of berries picked last week . . . blueberries, olalaberries, and raspberries . . . plus the CCs brought with them some home-made vanilla ice cream . . . to die for! As you can see we did the same menu as we did with Mary and Elaine last week. And I must say the second time around is far less stressful. I think the next time it'll be a breeze.
We had a great time sharing various stories which created lots of laughter. The boys are growing up so fast and sooner than we know it will be young men. Sometimes it just seems like yesterday that they were born—time flies by way too fast the older we get. We've known this family for nearly 35 years and share lots of memories. We'll miss them and look forward to next summer when, hopefully, they'll be able to spend more time at Camp Cascadia.
With Todd sitting in a lower chair, Meg loved being "taller."
Graeme and "Nana"
It's amazing to think about this one being able to drive next year . . . where does the time go?
Last week I didn't get a picture of the lasagna . . . doesn't it look yummy?
The bread is always a crowd pleaser. I guess it's because traditionally we don't think about bread being cooked outside. Next time I think I'll try making it into rolls.
Life is good!
Especially sharing it with old friends.
4 comments:
Boy how those boys have grown! They look like teenagers now! It's so great that you get to see the C-Cs every year -- they're one of my favorite families.
Looks DElicious!! Did you cook the lasagna first or put it in uncooked? Like the idea of the whole wheat flour for more fiber. KC is looking good, so are the younger folks in that little family. Those must be the little violin players growing like bean sprouts!!
Hi Aunt Patty,
The lasagna noodles go in uncooked. They turn out perfectly . . . methinks the sauce does the cooking for you! The violin players are amazing, they play so well. The oldest one just got back from a trip to Vienna with his orchestra and they took second place in the competition. They both are playing with a group at the opening of a Mets game in NY next week.
What a nice way to say goodbye to a great family! We are so sorry that we missed seeing them this year. Hopefully next year!
Post a Comment