Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Quilting Fever

I've got it!

I love coming to Camp Cascadia for the summer because I have SPACE. (In Coarsegold there is a quilting group that meets weekly, and there is a craft room where we can bring our quilts to work on but we have to clean up each time.) In our pole barn there is space to do the things I love doing like tole painting and quilting, and I don't have to clean up until I feel like cleaning up. So this week it's quilting that has captured my time. About four years ago I got the quilting bug, and I've loved making them ever since as gifts as well as for our own use.

This one is made from one of the JoAnn's kits I bought at a day-after-Christmas sale about four years ago. It caught my eye and each of the twelve blocks (it's a block-a-month type of quilt kit) was available at half price . . . half off the already discounted price . . .you gotta love that kinda deal! Plus I really like the colors in this one. And also, what is nice about these kits is, the pieces are all cut out for me. All I had to do was carefully sew them together, and voilah—done!

This one may be a keeper. I think it will go nicely on our bed in the travel trailer! I hope to have the top done tomorrow. Then it'll need to be quilted.

This name JoAnn's gave this quilt is "Mystic Blues"

There must be a thousand different quilt blocks designed through the years, and I get a kick out of the names given them. This one, which I found to be the most difficult to put together, is called "Grandmother's Puzzle."

"Four X"

"Cross and Crown"

"Lucky Clover"

Yesterday I added the four corners to each block, and the inside sashing.

Today I could only work a half-day on it and I finished the sashing. Tomorrow the borders will be added.

Life is Good!
. . . especially when you can snuggle up in a quilt!

5 comments:

Ken said...

Great looking quilt. I love the colors!

jennavar said...

Wow.. I love that quilt. I agree... I think it will look wonderful in your traveling trailer. You amaze me. I have taken out the instructions for my chicken quilt wall hanging and read the first paragraph.. then immediately put it away for another day.. But not you.. no nothing to it but to do it. It is nice to have the space and the TIME and not have to clean up until it is done. Very nice!

TravelingGrammy said...

king it would go very well on MY bed-home or motorhome!

TravelingGrammy said...

Oops! Half of my comment didn't get through....I said Very pretty and I think the colors would be lovely on my bed-home or moterhome...hugs to you!

Middle America Mom said...

Wow! That is going to be one bee-u-tiful quilt! It's just lovely. How nice to get your crafting season off to such a great start!