Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Busily Buzzing Bees

We take our herbs with us when we hit the road and look forward to this time of year when they start filling out, as if stretching after a long winter's nap. While sipping my morning cappucino I noticed that the chives needed to be cleaned out, meaning thinning out the spent leaves that make the plant a little tattered looking. When I went outside I noticed quite a few of the potted plants also looked pretty thirsty, as it has been quite warm the past week. While watering I heard a buzz in the air and noticed the bees were quite busy. So I got out my camera and got busy too!

When I sat down to clean up the chives plant, a cute little busy bee came to admire all the blossoms.

He quickly went from blossom to blossom sucking nectar to take back to the hive.

He was not bothered one bit with me being there—he just went about his business as if I wasn't.

So I decided to get a bit closer . . . well, with a little help using the "macro" setting.

I love this shot of him spotting and making a dive for yet a juicier-looking blossom!

It was a fun time being caught up with the busy-ness of the busily buzzing bees!

Life is good!




2 comments:

jennavar said...

I love the photos! I think the chive plant is so pretty. I love the blossoms. It is so neat to stop time and see what the busy buzzing bee is doing!

A.J. said...

Great shots, J.E! Honestly, you could enter those pictures in a contest!